ARTerra | Crossroads | Residential (125 units)

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f3a6fab8e10> #<Tag:0x00007f3a6fab8cf8> #<Tag:0x00007f3a6fab8b90>

Developer: copaken brooks (project page)
Architect: SCB Architects
Construct: JE Dunn Construction
Investment: $40.7 million
Groundbreaking (planned): Early 2017
Completion (planned): Mid 2018

Type: Residential
Units: 126 apartments
Pricing: Market
Additional Uses: Retail (3,000 sq ft)

Construction: New
Height: 12 stories
Space: TBD

Parking: 148 spaces
Transit: KC Streetcar (4 blocks), Main St MAX (4 blocks)

More
copaken brooks flyer

News
4/13/15: New high-rise apartments planned for Kansas City’s Crossroads District

Some new news from the Star: http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/article18396800.html

• Looking to break ground in the fall
  • Completion pushed from June 2016 to Fall 2016
  • Confirmed at 12 floors
  • Bumped from 116 units to 125 units
  • A bit of a name change to ‘ARTerra’?

copaken brooks confirms the new name as ‘ARTerra’ meaning “Art of the Earth.”

Has construction started?

Not from my latest walk by ~3 weeks ago.

Have been told they’re looking at vacating part of 21st St, to the north of ARTerra, to be turned into a small park. Interesting proposal, though usually good to keep the grid in place. That area could use some green!

Looks like things are getting close to kicking off.

4 OA 17. SD 1524 - Arterra Crossroads Preliminary Plat - To consider approval of a preliminary plat in District UR (Urban Redevelopment) on approximately 0.5 acres generally located south of 21st St between Fort Scott St and Wyandotte St, creating 1 residential lot.
Applicant: Copaken Brooks, repr Taliaferro & Browne, Inc., Ricky E. Gard

4 OA 18. SD-1524-A - Arterra Crossroads Final Plat - To consider approval of a final plat in District UR (Urban Redevelopment) on approximately 0.5 acres generally located south of 21st St between Fort Scott St and Wyandotte St, creating 1 residential lot.
Applicant: Copaken Brooks, repr Taliaferro & Browne, Inc., Ricky E. Gard

New rendering. Brick is a bit more pronounced.

The brick, in my opinion, is much less attractive and not in keeping with the architectural spirit of the earlier renderings. Do we know for certain this is a new rendering? I really preferred the earlier look as it was a beautiful contrast with the century-old brick mid-rises around the neighborhood.

1 Like

Wouldn’t say it’s confirmed, but it was added to the copaken brooks project page significantly after the initial rendering. I liked the original one better, as well.

Looking at the first rendering, it looks like the brick was along the side and bottom all along. Could be my eyes playing tricks on me, though? Is there just a single contrast wall, with the other three sides being the brick?

1 Like

I believe you have a point here. Looks to be a contrast wall to the north, but brick along the other sides.

1 Like

Looks like the ball will actually start rolling now?

Crossroads high-rise incentives get boost after soaring costs, ‘flat wrong’ estimate
http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2016/11/16/crossroads-arts-district-high-rise-incentives.html

1 Like

plan continues! construction starts early 2017

1 Like

Ground appears to be moving.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Attended groundbreaking a couple weeks back. They’re moving fast, and using JE Dunn’s new Prescient building system.

1 Like

Topped out.

ARTerra opens today!

Photo Credit CitySceneKC

1 Like